Monday, September 6, 2010

#6 Suicide Prevention and Aunt Allison's Rehab

Hey everyone!

I've got something important to talk about...

Starting yesterday and going through Saturday, it is National Suicide Prevention month.

"Ok... But I'm not suicidal... Why the heck should I care?", you're all thinking.

Yeah, sure, but you never know who is going through depression. And you never know when they're too afraid to say anything to anyone. And you never know if that day will come when life gets too unbearable for them and they're forever gone from your life...

It's not something I usually think about (cue music: "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"), but I just recently discovered someone (Shall we bring Betty-Bill back?) was severely depressed.

Now, thank god, Betty-Bill got help and she's ok. But what if she hadn't? What if she was gone because nobody addressed her problem? That's what this week is about.

So, here's what we're going to do. We're going to write the word "Love" on one of our fore-arms to spread it. Love, I mean... Uh... the sentence got weird... Someone get music! ("All You Need is Love") Ah... Thank you...

Anyway, onto better news...

Remember my abusive Aunt Allison? Guess what? She is abusive no more!

"Did a heavonly light shine down upon her and change her perspective on life?", you ask?

As usual, you're wrong (No offense, of course...). My mother just dragged to into rehab. Now she's the sweetest little aunt a person could have. She's even giving ma and I matching bracelets! I'm so happy! (Not so much for the bracelet, it's kinda girly, but because my life will be generally safer now...)

That's all for now!

Signing off,
Yours truly,
Baconbits

2 comments:

  1. YAYRAH FOR A SAFER LIFE FOR MY HUSBAND!!! *Fanfare*
    P.S. I will be writing LOVE on my arm on Wednesday. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, my love! And be sure to have other people write on their arms! :D

    ReplyDelete